Facebook is the most popular social networking site of all time all over the world founded on February 4th, 2004 by Mark Zuckerberg with its headquarters in Menlo park, California. For running a perfect business marketing is most important but sometimes marketing may affect the users, which is neglected by most of the marketers and the same thing happened when the video auto play feature was introduced in the Facebook in the month of March. The feature did not receive any kind of appreciation from the users which led to irritation and frustration of the users followed by most of the users trying to get rid of this feature. Without any kind of delay Facebook provided a feature to disable the video auto play feature.
Disabling the video auto-play on your PC
Simple steps to disable video auto play in Facebook on your desktop are as follows.
- Firstly login to your Facebook account. When you have successfully logged in and see your account displayed onto the screen, take your mouse cursor on the upper most right corner of the page where you will notice a list of menu dropping down. Click on the settings option from that menu list.
- Now when you enter into the settings page, on the left most side of the page you can see number of options. Look at the bottom of the page (left side), you will find videos option, click on it.
- Now in the videos settings you will find auto play video, if it is off it is well n good if not then turn the feature off and you are done with it.
NOTE: As a warning Facebook has stated on the same auto play settings page that this feature will only turn off of the auto play videos on the PC and the laptops but this feature will not be applicable for the application users as those settings are entirely separate.
Disabling auto play videos in iOS
In order to disable auto play video feature of Facebook from your handset you need to follow below stated simple steps.
- First click on to the settings application of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod followed by scrolling down the apps until you find out the Facebook application. Click on the app and go to the settings option.
- You can notice a video section in which you have an option displaying auto play, click on it and turn off the feature.
Important point: make sure that your Facebook app is updated to 18.104.22.168.20 version and higher.
Steps in case of android device
It is easy to disable auto play video feature in case of android handsets too. Open your Facebook application and the top most side you will see a three lined icon, select the settings option. In the general settings you can see the video auto play option, turn it off by clicking on it.
So now you are aware of disabling the video auto play option in case of Desktop, iOS and android devices.