Home Apps New Phone Apps Fighting Hard To Establish Their Foot in the Market

Apps
appsAccording to a report by comScore majority smart phone users are not downloading apps regularly. People do not have abundant storage in their phones. Short storage capacity does not allow the users to download any apps they hover by. So, this relays that mobile app developers have to be very smart about the function of their apps. In U.S. while majority population is not downloading new apps but seven to eight apps are getting downloaded per month. As per the researches 64% users does not download new apps while 2% download new apps per month.Reasons behind downloading limited appsIt is not surprising that the users are downloading fewer apps now-a-days. People have short storage capacity in their phones. So, they are very alert and smarter while downloading their apps. It is not that users are not interested in downloading new apps. Butbig names like facebook and youtube are drawing their attention. People are more trustable upon famous software like Amazon, Google and Apple. 

People are downloading the apps of these companies rather than experimenting with new ones. Data also show that total mobile activity including browser usage also reduced 60% as desktop now accounts for remaining 40%. Apps occupy the majority of media consumption on mobile devices for approximately seven out of every eight minutes. The digital brands that hover on apps usage on desktop also dominate the mobile market. According to a recent study with about 115 million of mobile users Facebook holds the first position, then comes the you tube, then Google play, then Google search and last but not the least Pandora Radio.

Malicious apps break the trust

A recent new study have shown that a malicious android app may steal personal information of users as well. The researchers have tested the hack on an android phone but they are of the opinion that it can also affect other devices using the operating system. The fatal action involves a fake user interface screen at exactly the moment when the user is planning to enter the sensitive data. The malicious apps let the attackers track what the user is doing on his or her phone.

Miscellaneous causes

Other reasons for the lack of interest of downloading new apps has been investigated that most of the users spend 42% of their time on their favorite apps, 17% of their time on their second rank app, which means that they mostly get functions from their top apps. Another study reveals the fact that most of the users find it tough to add a new app in their device. Google and Apple tops the app store but these lists are based on the download numbers and not on the quality of the apps so it is really tough to judge that how useful an app is. So it suggests that though these days everyone has a smartphone but that does not mean that everybody is downloading app.

Leave a Reply