When it comes to running Android games on a computer, you must have come across these terms— BlueStacks and NoxPlayer. Users can get an amazing platform from these to use a virtual Android device within their computer or laptop. However, when it comes to choosing, you may be confused. These two emulators come with different core features. It is why we have given a difference between Nox vs Bluestacks in this article.
What are Android Emulators?
To emulate indicates imitating or matching. Emulators are used for housing a pocket version of a particular system inside a program. Thus, it allows you to open it on another OS. In recent times, a lot of Android emulators are there who want to be the best in the market.
What is BlueStacks?
A technology association made this app player. Jay Vaishnav, Suman Saraf, and Rosen Sharma are the founders of the association. They founded this in 2009. This association released an app player first in 2011.
Using the patented LayerCake application embedding technology, the company is capable of running small-system mobile games with the help of larger and stronger desktop systems. Thus, it can offer a quick gaming experience.
The free version of the emulator has been downloaded more than 210 million times already. People who want to enjoy advanced features should have monthly subscriptions.
- It always maintains a standard of Android emulators. This is why you can see its multiple features in other emulators.
- You can do key mapping using the program. It enables you to customize the controls as well as assign them to your preferred keys.
- The app player allows you to use the mouse also. As a result, you can get better performance in FPS games.
- Users can play too many games through split-screening. It is a Multiple Instance feature. using this, users are capable of playing a similar game with separate accounts simultaneously.
- The company has recently included the Multi-Instance Sync sub-feature. With the help of this feature, you can sync your movements across all split-screen panels.
- Besides, you can do normal things such as recording and capturing screenshots.
- It offers the disk cleanup function along with multiple Android profile support.
- You can operate it on Windows 7,8,8.1,10 and Mac.
- To use the emulator, you should have a Multi-core AMD/ Intel CPU.
- You should have 2GB of RAM at least as well as 4GB of Hard drive space.
- There must be two or more service packs.
- You need to update all the drivers to their latest version.
The recent version of the emulator is six times faster than other phones. Users are capable of downloading games from the Play Store to their dashboards. The overall performance of gaming relies on the specifications of your mobile.
What is Nox?
Nox Limited indicates actually a Hong Kong-based team of developers. In 2015, they released the Nox back. Since then, more than 150 million people use it across 150 nations. After four years of the first release of the first one, they released the app player.
It became successful due to its huge line of features. This company may not be too big like BlueStacks. But they have enough potential due to which you may find hard to choose the best one.
- Compared to that one, this emulator weighs very light. Exactly, it is 100 MB.
- Users are capable of doing keyboard and controller mappings with the app player.
- It offers users Multi-instance gaming. However, the multi-sync feature has not been added till now.
- The emulator comes with features such as script recording and macro recording. These features enable you to record both movements as well as operations for future execution.
- The most essential feature of the emulator is Virtualization Technology or VT. With the help of this feature, you can run isolated systems on single server hardware. It is Virtualization Technology due to which the emulator is very efficient in resource utilization.
- In addition, the single server hardware helps you to boost gaming performance. It is because the execution of each command happens under one roof.
- It is compatible with Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7,8, 8.1, 10 operating systems.
- You must have a dual-core to use the program. It would be better if you use a Multi-core AMD/ Intel CPU in this case.
- The emulator needs at least 1.5 GB of RAM and 3 GB of storage. It is because you require 1 GB space for the installation path, and 1.5 GB of hard drive storage.
- This program is compatible with OpenGL 2.0 or above.
- It allows you to run high FPS games using its small memory.
- This app player enables you to play up to four games.
- Through APK files, you can load more games.
- It is compatible with a keypad and gamepad mapping also.
- Users can customize graphics and frame rates also in the settings.
Nox vs Bluestacks Comparison:
We have discussed the differences between these two emulators based on 4 factors: performance, user interface, security, and legality.
When it comes to performance, you must check out the recent benchmark scores of the device. The benchmark score indicates the addition of the scores of performances in FPS, CPU/RAM usage, loading time, and app compatibility.
According to the recent benchmarking results, BlueStacks 4 is the winner. However, there are still many chances for the young one as it has a good platform too. As per some users’ experience, the young app player weighs light and acts quickly while starting to use it.
The old one comes with a more elaborate user interface. As we have said before, the old program is 100 MB larger. Besides, the program needs at least 2 GB of RAM whereas the other one requires 1 GB.
When it comes to security, the difference becomes a little bit tricky. All people know that the operating system of the android is not so strong while we are discussing restrictions. Users generally give permission when it is asked on their mobile phones. As a result, associations are capable of getting benefits from that quite easily. The Android emulators come with a bootleg version of Android also. It is not a good sign according to security-wise.
When you are going to install the old program, you have to disable the firewall or defender first. In this case, you may think about whether the emulator is safe to use or not. On the flip side, you don’t need to disable any security feature in the young program for the installation of the app. According to these features of the security department, the young program wins the race.
It is also another tricky thing for discussion. Usually, the official version of Android is not operated by the Android emulators. The reason is that the emulators don’t belong to the jurisdiction of the said operating system. However, still, people use the emulators and gigantic teams of developers make them.
If you think about this purpose, then they are legal as well as illegal. These two emulators also have no form of special permission for operating legally. However, you should know that companies like Samsung and AMD back this old program. On the flip side, game developers like Tencent back the young program.
The bottom line:
It is not so easy to judge the difference between these two. We know BlueStacks as a trustworthy Android emulator. It has been available in the market for almost ten years. Although there are a few security drawbacks, the emulator has a lot of public trust due to its performance.
On the flip side, Nox is capable of catching success quickly. People who are not too meticulous about customization should use this program. However, we recommend at last to go with the old one.